Be Prepared For A Minimalist Sneaker
Once youre into the Sk8-His theyre minimalist shoes. This means theres very little in the way of arch support, which makes you feel close to the ground. Although they take a little while to wear in, ultimately you should be left with a comfortable shoe.
The midsole is somewhat nonexistent, especially compared with todays sneakers. In essence, the construction of the inner is a layer of low-density foam and some rubber at the heel. Theres no shank, rigid foam, or anything to shape the shoe, making it bend pretty uniformly on top of the foot.
Its worth bearing in mind that if you want a comfy shoe, you might want to look at an aftermarket insole. If youre planning on skating in these, the same goes for you. While comfy for walking around in as a lifestyle shoe, these arent up to the modern standard of comfort for most sneakers.
Vans Sk8 Hi Skate Shoe
Get on board with the Sk8 Hi Skate Shoe from Vans! Inspired by the Classic Old Skool Skate Shoe, the Sk8 Hi Skate Shoe rocks the signature side stripe on a high top design with classic vulcanized sole for optimal flexibility and board feel.
- Durable suede and canvas combination upper with classic leather side stripe
- Ribbed collar with padding for ankle support and cushion
- Lace closure offers a secure fit
- Padded footbed provides shock absorbing comfort
- Vulcanized rubber outsole with signature waffle tread delivers flexible grip and traction
Point the camera at your feet to see the shoes!